Tibet Tour D-Highlights:
1.Non shopping tour
2.No tourist traps
3.No hidden fee
4.The best use of time
6.Licensed guides and tour vehicles
7.Unbeatable price and 5 stars service
Day 1:Arrival Lhasa
Day 2:Lhasa -Kadinggou-Nyingchi
Day 3:Nyingchi -Segrila Pass-Lulang Forest-Basumtso Lake
Day 4:Basumtso -Cuozong Temple-Jieba Village -Lhasa
Day 5:Lhasa city tour：Jokhang Temple-Sera Monastery-Barkhor street
Day 6:Lhasa City Tour：Potala Palace-Lhasa Traditional Handicraft Art center
Day 7:Lhasa-Yamdrok Lake-Karola Glacier-Shigatse
Day 8:Shigatse-Gawula Pass-Rongbuk Monastery-EBC
Day 9:EBC-Gyatso La Pass-Shigatse
Day 10:Shigatse-Tashilumpo Monastery-Lhasa(By tourist bus or train)
Day 11:Lhasa Departure
Upon your arrival at Lhasa airport, your guide will greet you and escort you to your hotel and help you check in. You will have the rest of the day and evening to rest and relax to become acclimatized the higher altitude of Tibet.
1) Pick up/drop off: Foreign and Taiwanese travelers need a tour guide to pick up/drop off according to the regulations of the Tourism Administration. Chinese traveler without foreign partner will pick up/drop off by local professional Transfer Center. Our staff/guide will contact you in advance, please ensure that your mobile phone is unobstructed.
2) Altitude sickness：With its much higher elevation, some visitors may experience symptoms of altitude sickness. We recommend taking everything slowly, getting plenty of rest the first day and staying very well hydrated by drinking plenty of water to minimize the effects of the high altitude. Usually, you will fine by the second day, but if you do experience severe and/or worsening symptoms, please contact your guide or a member of our staff immediately.
【Kadinggou】 (about 1 hour tour)
Kadinggou is known as "Heaven on Earth". Walking into the gorge, we can see the ravine is long and deep, accompanied by the sound of gurgling water from far and near into the virgin forest. There are high mountains and deep valleys, strange peaks and rocks, towering old trees, and even bamboo forests here.Lalin Expressway (The most beautiful highway in China)
As part of the Sichuan-Tibet high-level highway and Yunnan-Tibet high-level highway, relying on the magnificent natural landscape of the snow-covered plateau, there are snow-capped mountains, forests, and grasslands along the way. Slow down the road to take pictures of the scenery!
After breakfast, we will drive to Sejila Mountain. If the weather is fine, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the Namjagbarwa (Namcha Barwa) from a distance in Segrila Pass (the specific viewing effect depends on the weather conditions).
The【Lulang Forest】area is covered by numerous different types of trees that are inhabited by many cuckoos, found here in their native habitat. Among all of the trees we will still be able to find broad meadows filled with herds of cattle around the small villages in the area. We will visit a viewing platform in the Lulang Forest that will give us great views of Namche Barwa (peak elevation 7756 meters), Gyala Pelri, and other high snow-capped mountain peaks. After that, we drive to Basumtso for the night.
Featured Food Arrangement：Lulang Stone Pot Chicken.
Basumtso integrates snow mountains, lakes, forests, waterfalls, pastures, etc. The scenery is different at different times, it is a national forest park and 5A scenic area.
【Fairytale Jieba Village】
It is the best place to watch Basumtso and the surrounding two snow mountains, which called "King's Throne" and "Burning Flame".
1. Due to the limited reception capacity of the scenic spot, if the hotel in the scenic spot has no enough rooms, you will be adjusted to the hotel in Nyingchi City. Please kindly note there is no price difference and refundable. The price will not increase or decrease, and the attractions in the itinerary will not be affected.
【Jokhang Temple】（about 1 hour tour）
The Jokhang Temple is the final destination for pilgrims. A statue of the 12-year-old Sakyamuni, who lived in India in the fifth century BC, and who was the creator of Buddhism, is collected in the monastery. This is the reason why Buddhists consider Lhasa a Sacred Land.
【Ticketing tips for the Jokhang Temple】：
1. The Jokhang Temple needs real-name online ticketing. From 7:00am to 23:59pm every day, the tickets for the next day will be open on the WeChat applet "Jokhang Temple Reservation" until the number of reservations is full. Therefore, tickets must be reserved one day in advance.
2. The Jokhang Temple does not open group reservation and you should make reservation by yourself. Travel consultant or tour guide will instruct you how to make reservation. If you fail to reserve at your own reasons, we do not bear any responsibility and consequences.
3. The Jokhang Temple is a religious temple rather than a tourist attraction. Please note if encountering important religious activities or important activities, you can not visit the Jokhang Temple.
Located near the Jokhang Monastery, the Barkhor Street was only a place for Buddhists to do a religious circumambulation in ancient times. Nowadays, tourists can buy exquisite souvenirs on the street, such as handicrafts, costumes, tea, prayer wheels and Tibetan incense.
【Sera Monastery】is held in the courtyard almost every day between 3:00pm and 5:30pm. Please note that in case of some special monastery activities such as the Dharma Meeting or the reception of VIPs, the monk debates may be canceled that day. After our visit to the monastery, feel free to stroll around the streets of Lhasa as you absorb the atmosphere and spirit of the devoted Tibetan people, or you may return to your hotel to rest and relax from this wonderful Tibetan cultural experience.
【Potala Palace】（about 1 hour tour）
Initially built in 641 AD and listed as a world heritage site in 1994, the Potala Palace is the most popular tourist attraction in Tibet. The halls, murals, statues and mountain views will make you shocked even if you are not a Buddhist.
【Ticketing tips for the Potala Palace】：
1. The Potala Palace needs real-name online ticketing and valid document (such as ID card, household registration book or passport) is required to make the reservation. After the reservation is successful, the ticket cannot be re-booked within 7 days from the day of the visit. If you can not enter the Potala Palace due to the wrong documents provided by yourself, we do not bear any responsibility and consequences.Therefore, it is important to take the valid documents. If the name or ID number or do cument does not match the information provided before, you will not be able to enter the Potala Palace. Please note the ticket fee has actually been incurred and cannot be refunded.
2. The visiting time of the Potala Palace is randomly issued by the Potala Palace Management Office and it can not designate the visiting time. Please note the actual visiting route sequences may be different from the provided one.
3. In peak season, there has restrictions in visiting the Potala Palace and each travel agency has only a limited number of group bookings every day. In order to ensure the group tour visiting, we solve the problem through different channels. Due to the special requirements for ticket purchases in different channels, you are requested to obey tour guide arrangement. The normal arrangements are as below：
1）The group tour may be divided into multiple small groups (tourists who book together might be divided, and they join with other small group to visit the Potala Palace).
2）Each small group is divided into different times/dates to visit.
3）Each small group follows the different guide to visit.
4）Sometimes due to some special tickets, the tour guide cannot be with the tour to enter the Potala Palace.
5）The group rate of children does not include the Potala Palace entrance fee. Children under the height of 1.2 meters (excluding) can visit for free with adults. Children over the height of 1.2 meters should inform us when confirming the tour and paying the Potala Palace entrance fee and related service fee so we can make an appointment to purchase tickets in advance. If visitors do not inform in advance, children may not be able to enter the palace with adults and can only wait in the tourist vehicle.
【Traditional Handicraft Art center】
This day will take you to fully immerse yourself in experience traditional Tibetan handcraft art center, including making Tibetan incense, Tibetan calligraphy-the methods behind Tibetan calligraphy and the secrets of block printing.
【Warm tips for visiting the Potala Palace and the Jokhang Temple】：
1) Both the Potala Palace and the Jokhang Temple need real-name online ticketing and valid document (such as ID card, household registration book or passport) ,masks and health green code on “Zangyitong” mini programme and nucleic acid report are required. You need to obey tour guide arrangement and visit at the designate time.
2) You should respect the rules while visiting. Do not wear hats, wear revealing clothes or step on thresholds as these actions violate local customs.
3) Do not make loud noise, chase, climb, lie down, spit, throw debris, touch cultural relic in the hall. It is forbidden to photography, taking of videos and touching cultural relics and mural in the Potala Palace, the Jokhang Temple and other temples in Tibet. Do not bring liquid drinks into the temple or palace and do not smoke or use bright fires.
4) There are many steps at the Potala Palace, so it’s better to take it slowly to avoid possible altitude discomfort. The hall is relatively cold, even in summer, it is recommended to prepare a coat. The limitation of visiting time is one hour and the tour guide is not allowed to stay and explain loudly in the hall for long time, so the tour guide can only explain outside. You are requested to travel civilized and abide by the regulations of cultural relics protection units.
5) The buildings of the Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple are ancient, with narrow channels and many wooden stairs. In addition, too many visitors might cause hidden dangers. Therefore, you shall leave as soon as possible after visiting. When going up and down the stairs, you should pay attention and do not crowd.
This morning we’ll take a drive up to the Kampala Pass (elevation 4797 meters) where you’ll have a glimpse of 【Yamdrok Lake】down below as well as spectacular views of the holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar in the distance. You will want to have your camera at the ready for the turquoise waters of Yamdrok Lake, which is one of the three holy lakes of Tibet, and the beautiful Mt. Nyenchen Khangsar glacier as seen from the Karol la Pass. Later on we’ll be able to visit the【Karola Glacier】.
1. Except Tibet Travel Permit, Aliens' Travel Permit for those who will visit Mt. Everest will be processed in Shigatse. The tour guide will arrange itinerary considering the process of permits. You shall obey tour guide arrangements.
2. Please note the Aliens' Travel Permit processing time might be longer than as usual because of peak season or system failure occurs.
After breakfast we’ll set out towards the peak of the world – Mount Everest. Departing from Shigatse you will see some of the most beautiful and unique scenery in the world – incredibly blue skies, floating high clouds, endless grasslands and the highest mountain peaks in the world. We’ll also stop by the【Rongbuk Monastery】 – the world’s highest altitude monastery before spending the night at the【Everest Base Camp】.
1. Tibetan Tent or uegsthouse (8-15 pax/tent, multi-beds room), from Oct to April next year due to the withdraw of Tibetan Tent in Base Camp, travelers will stay in Basongcun/Tashizongcun guesthouse(multi-beds room)
2. Today the accommodation is poor, the altitude is high, and the temperature is low. Please pay attention to keep warm and prevent altitude sickness. The temperature is about 0-8 degrees in summer night, so please bring down jackets, or rent one in the Base Camp.
Meals: Breakfast Dinner
We will get an early start today to cross the【Gyatso La Pass】, also known as the Dingri Boundary, At an altitude of 5248 meters. In the afternoon we will drive back to Shigaste.
1. If you are lucky enough, you can enjoy the sunrise at the Base Camp. It depends on the weather conditions and other factors.
Tashilumpo Monastery, the seat of Tibet's second highest incarnation-the Panchen Lama. The immense complex is a rambling warren of chapels, shrines, and halls linked by mysterious alleyways and steep staircases. At the center of the monastery is a courtyard that was used as a theater for religious dances. Just off the great courtyard in Tashilumpo’s main hall, where, like the explorer Sven Hedin, we may hear “the monks…intone a chant…enthralling, mystical, full of yearning…soothing as a cradle, intoxicating as wine, and sedative as morphia.” We'll visit this dark and evocative chamber and its many side altars, as well as a distinctive red building called the Jamkhang Chenmo, which houses a massive yet lyrical 90-foot tall statue of Maitreya, the Future Buddha, built in 1914 by the Ninth Panchen Lama while Europe was madly at war.
1. Please note we will arrange you to take train or tourist vehicle back to Lhasa from Shigatse according to conditions. No designation will be acceptable.
Today you will have free time until your Guide escorts you to the Lhasa train station or airport for your departing train or flight from Lhasa. This will end your tour services in Tibet.
- 1.All entrance fees listed in itinerary.
- 2.Professional English-speaking guide & driver + air conditioned vehicle.
- 3.Local facility 3stars Hotel accommodations (Standard Room with twin share basis) as listed in
- the itinerary.
- 4.Round trip transfers between airports or railway stations and hotels.
- 5.Service charge & Government taxes.
- 6.Every type permit in Tibet
- 1.Personal expenses.
- 2.Tips or gratitude to guides or drivers.